About Your Therapist
Natalie Moore, M.A., Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist is a holistic psychotherapist in Pasadena & Los Angeles, CA who specializes in empowering creative millennials with lofty goals who don't want to be held back by fear & self-doubt. Learn more about her education, experience & qualifications.
Natalie Moore, LMFT
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
I'm a huge nerd for anything psychology, spirituality or holistic health. If I spent as much time reading as I did compiling book lists for what I want to read next, I'd probably have less dust on the bookshelf! :P
Getting outside and moving is of paramount importance to me. Nothing shakes off a bad mood like some healthy grub and ROGA or GOGA (that's running + yoga or goat yoga.)
My meditation practice (though, inconsistent at times!) is a huge source of refuge for me. When all else seems scary or uncertain, I can always go back to my breath.
My friends and family are my support, my love and my inspiration. We drive each other crazy sometimes, but who doesn't? I wouldn't be who and where I am today without them.
It's not work, it's play. When you love what you do you're constantly challenged, humbled and excited to be an expert and a student at the same time every day.
Yeah, yeah, yeah – that's all great. But do you want my full resume? Read on!
Master of Arts, Counseling Psychology. Sofia University.
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology. University of San Francisco.
Developmental Supervisor & Trainer, current.
- Provide socio-emotional therapy for children and families
- Supervise paraprofessionals in implementing DIR/Floortime model with clients
- Train new clinical staff in the play therapy modality and develop training materials
Mental Health Specialist
- Utilized TF/CBT model to assist clients in overcoming trauma
- Linked clients and caregivers to community resources
- Advocated for services for clients and their families
- Led recovery-based process groups and psycho-education groups
- Conducted individual counseling with individuals recovering from addiction
- Developed creative expression and meditation groups for recovery center
- Implemented ABA techniques to assist in client development
- Guided clients in relaxation techniques to support regulation
- Conferred with colleagues to ensure high standard of care
- "DIR/Floortime Training," RCCDI. Received initial 6-hour and ongoing training in the DIR/Floortime model of treating children on the autism spectrum and other developmental and/or sensory challenges.
- "Tools for the Therapist's Toolkit," CAMFT. Attended 4-day long annual conference for the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. Gained knowledge about assessment, diagnosis and treatment of mental health conditions.
- "Non-violent Parenting Paradigm," ECHO. Met with a group of therapists and parents-to-be for an 8-week course in the non-violent parenting approach to raising and/or working with children of all ages, provided by Franny Marion, LCSW.
- “TF/CBT Training for Mental Health Professionals,” CIBHS. Participated in 16-hour training administered by Vickie Beck APRN, BC of the California Institute for Mental Health. Approved training for MFTs and MFTIs by the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- “TF/CBT Web-based Learning Course,” MUSC. Completed 10-hour online training offered through Medical University of South Carolina. Approved training for MFTs and MFTIs by the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, member and volunteer.
- San Gabriel Valley California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, member.
- Southern California Mental Health Professionals, member and event coordinator.
- Echo Parenting and Education, volunteer.
- Better Angels of Los Angeles, volunteer.
- Open Path Psychotherapy Collective, practitioner.
- Tree of Life Healing, practitioner.
Presentations for professionals
Still unsure about whether or not I can help you? No worries. Grill me over the phone!
Copyright © 2018 Natalie Moore, LMFT. All rights reserved.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist #MFC107413
Pasadena, CA | 323 558 2055